terça-feira, 19 de junho de 2012

Let's Get Back To Work


      I should control my triglycerides level with health food and physical exercises. I can’t run because my knee hurts, so, since almost four years ago I bought my first bike. I biked well until last February but I changed my training based on intensity to another based on power because I want to do my first race on November. I knew that my performance will decrease at the first moment but I can’t stand these.

      On May 27th I was planning to do a 120km ride with my coach but I was not in a good condition, because 2 weeks before I had flu, when I start to be good again I had a surgery teeth, so, it means 2 weeks without training. We run with 4 more bikers and I delayed the group. All of them were much better than me, so they run and waited for me 3 or 4 times and much more than physical failure, I got a mental failure. Although my average speed was 23km/h and it is not so bad, I expected much more, something like 30 km/h. So I was extremely disappointed.

      After that I worked hard, about 18 hours per day all week long as I described in my last post, and in the next week it was rainy and cold. About one month without training I returned to the gym and I can’t repeat the same exercises series that I was accustomed and my body hurts. Last week I was lazy and I didn’t bike. I’m still down because I failed.

      Yesterday I decided to start again and today I biked 30 km with mountain bike. My best time for this ride is 1:17:56h and today I did 1:25:12h. I spent more than 7 minutes and the worst part is: I’m exhausted and I should go to the gym in few minutes!

      I’m very competitive person. I know I have much better physical condition than the average people with my age, but it is not enough to me. I compete with myself. I like to get better marks and to fail is too much to me.

      While I biked today I decided: I won’t participate these race this year and I’ll improve my training to get a good performance again, because I have no time to cry and stay down is not to me. So let’s get back to work.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário